Here, we’ll be talking about how to change the Hotmail login password. many users are confused with this as Hotmail keeps on changing its interface.
Changing your login password frequently is highly recommended and even Hotmail has a feature that reminds you every 72 days to change your password.
Read Also: Create Hotmail Account
Change Hotmail Password
Here’s what you need to do to change the password.
- Go to https://account.live.com/password/Change
- If you’re already logged in, you’ll see the verification page. If not, you’ll need to login to your account first.
- Once you’re logged in, you need to verify your identity to Outlook. Here, you need to confirm the last 4 digits of your mobile number. (Only last 2 digits of your mobile number is shown). And if the number is correct, you’ll be sent a code in that device.
- Once you receive the code, enter it in the appropriate field.
- Now you need to enter your old password and enter the new password in the appropriate boxes.
- Again, confirm the new password and click on “Save”
Note: Check the “Make me change my password every 72 days” box to get an alert on password change.
Do not get confused this article with resetting your password. To reset your password or if you’ve forgotten the login password, please go through this article.